It is true, raising boys is not for the faint of heart. It is true, boys are often dirty. It is true, boys will eat you out of house and home. But it is also true raising boys is filled with a lot of joys.
Here is a list of why raising boys is awesome!
- They will always be Mommy’s little boy. They may wrestle with daddy, but let either one of my boys get a booboo, want some attention, or just need a cuddle and they come running to me.
- Toys are everywhere. Here is a rock, no it’s a dinosaur egg. Here is a stick, no it’s a laser cannon. My boys can play with dirt for two hours and be totally engrossed.
- Everything is funny. There is nothing more wonderful than the sound of little kids laughing hysterically. Since boys think everything is funny, and live to be comedians, our house is always full of laughter.
- No fuss clothes. For the day to day stuff its just jeans, t-shirts, underwear. Boys destroy their clothes anyway so there is no reason to spend hundreds of dollars on cutesy stuff. If we are dressing up it is a pair of khakis and a polo.
- Hair-Dos not needed. Honestly, my two roll out of bed, brush their teeth, and that is the extent of their getting “ready” for the day. Once in a while there might be a funny cowlick that requires a wet comb, but for the most part, nope, not really.
- They are fearless. For boys there is no tree too high that can’t be climbed, no hill to high that a wagon can’t roll down, and no flight of stairs too tall to be jumped off of. It blows my mind, and sometimes stops my heart, to watch their daring stunts. I naively tried to stop them in the past from doing dangerous stuff, but the truth is the moment you turn your back they are going to do it anyway. So accept it and keep a well supplied first aid kit.
- There is only one Princess in the house…ME. I am a girly girl in a house full of “guys.” All girly stuff is mine. I don’t have to share. My husband tells my boys to hold the door open for me, to carry things for me, etc. Sometimes there is something to be said for being the only girl.
Daddy takes them fishing, boating, to shooting practice, and archery lessons…and I get to stay home and do a facial and paint my toes!
- Finally, because I just can’t imagine my life without them. They are my world and I am theirs.
Please share below all the reasons you love your little boy(s)!